If you dont know how to install havana twist or marley twist I actually learned from this video last year, it really helped
To create this look, start by co-washing
you hair. You may like to try Jane Carter
Nutrient Replenishing Solution, or Afrigenix
Berrilicious Smoothie. If you have the
time, allow your hair to air dry, and apply
your favorite oil. If you’re short on time,
proceed to blow dry.
1. Part your hair in 4 sections, and clip to
2. Use your comb to create a part that is
approximately one inch wide and one inch
3. If you don’t want your parts to be
pronounced, don’t spend too much time on
defining your parts.
4. Divide the parted section into two.
5. Separate a handful of the HAVANA
TWIST HAIR (tm), use 6 strips to achieve
the size pictured.
6. Fold the HAVANA TWIST HAIR (tm) in
half, and place it as pictured in picture
7. Beginning on the side closest to your
hairline, twist the HAVANA TWIST HAIR
(tm) in with your own natural hair, clockwise.
8. Do the same with the other half.
9. Now, begin to cross the twisted
sections over each other in a
10. Repeat this crossing over, down the
whole length of the twist.
11. Twist by crossing over, until you
reach the end of the twist.
Repeat this step throughout the remainder
of your head.
12.-13. Roll small squares of aluminum foil
into mini rod shapes.
14. Use the mini rods as you would a
flexirod, on the end of each twist.
15. Very carefully (and at your own
discretion, and risk) dip the ends of the
hair in very, very hot water. You may
want to have someone help you with this
16. Allow the hair to cool off completely
before gently removing the foil rods. Clip
any stray ends.
Protective Styles… All done by Charmaine Ford for MaineStream Style
Essence- Protective Styles
It took me six hours to do.
It took two 1pound balls of yarn.
Each braid consists of twenty strands, which makes forty when you bend it in half.
It’s kinda heavy.
But I love it. I feel like a queen. No regrets.
I have genie locs again, but this time I’m styling them more! :)
Page 1 of 119